have you ever considered becoming a machinist?
Take our quiz to see if you'd be a good fit!
1. Do you like working with your hands?
2. Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where time flies by?
3. Do you work best as part of a team?
4. Do you take pride in producing quality work?
5. Do you like to solve problems and provide solutions that make things better?
If you answered yes, then you might thrive in a career as a machinist! No experience necessary.
entry level machinist
At A.R.E. Manufacturing, being an Entry Level Machinist is more than just a job, it is the first step toward a great career. Our award-winning in-house training program offers employees the pathway to reach their full potential (with no previous experience necessary). We will provide you with a roadmap that makes you the driver of your own career.
As an Entry Level 1 Machinist, you will learn to:
- Operate CNC mills and lathes
- Perform necessary hand work on machined components
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Conduct in-depth inspections on machined components
- Identify and troubleshoot quality issues
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation
- Perform daily maintenance on machines
- Establish priorities and organize daily work
- Apply Continuous Improvement principles in daily work
With more experience, you will move into Level 2 and 3 Machinist positions:
-Set up CNC mills and lathes
-Program mills and lathes
- Strong mechanical aptitude and work ethic
- Strong shop math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division w/decimals)
- Basic Microsoft Excel a plus
- National Career Readiness Certificate (optional)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Proof to legally work in the United States
Benefits & Compensation:
- Four day work week
- Paid time off & sick time
- Employer paid health, dental & supplemental insurances
- Simple Retirement Plan with employer match
Interested in applying?
As of Oct 2nd, there are currently no open positions. Please check back soon or contact one of the staffing agencies below for other jobs in your area.
Salem: Personnel Source, Inc. call 1-877-485-2175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
McMinnville: Express Employment Professionals call 1-800-684-5231 or email email@example.com
Beaverton: Elwood Staffing call 1-503-297-9905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org